A so-called litmus test apparently is being considered by national Republican officials.
A 10-point list is being circulated with the intention of forcing GOP candidates to abide by at least seven of the principles to win party endorsement. The list:
We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill.
- We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run health care.
- We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation.
- We support workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check.
- We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges.
- We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat.
- We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion.
- We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.