A bill requiring cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for teachers and assistant teachers has passed through House and Senate committees.
â€œHannahâ€™s Lawâ€ is named after Hannah Kozitza, who died after choking on a grape while at a day-care facility last summer.Â
â€œHannah went to day care and never came home,â€ said Ron Edlund, Hannahâ€™s grandfather. â€œWe need to know that the people taking care of our children and grandchildren are able to respond to these situations.â€
Now, state law requires just one CPR-trained staff member to be in a child-care facility. The bill, which faces another Senate committee and heads directly to the full House, requires all teachers and assistant teachers to be trained.