Gov. Mark Dayton answered reporters’ questions today on a range of topics.
His answers included:
– A new Vikings football stadium “is still a work in progress.”
– It is impossible to determine the impact of the federal debt problem after just three days of market trading since Standard and Poor’s downgraded the country’s financial ratings.
– Republicans are to blame for the state’s financial ratings being downgraded because they insisted on borrowing money instead of raising taxes.
– He does not know if he will accompany President Barack Obama when he visits Minnesota Monday. “He is apparently showing his concern of the state of our economy.”
– “I’m still reveling in the fact that the Legislature doesn’t convene again until late January.”