Former Minnesota House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher is among new Minnesota State Colleges and Universities trustees.
Gov. Mark Dayton Tuesday named Kelliher, who he beat in the 2010 primary election for governor, and five others to the board. Trustees govern 24 two-year colleges and seven state universities.
Among those on the 15-member board are three students who serve two-year terms. The rest serve for six years.
Dayton’s Tuesday appointees are:
– Kelliher, an at-large trustee, a state representative from 1999 to 2011 and now president of the Minnesota High Tech Association.
– Dawn Erlandson, an at-large trustee, works on public affairs and marketing communications efforts for national, state and local clients.
– Ann Anaya, representing the 2nd Congressional District, an assistant U.S. attorney since 2002.
– Alex Cirillo, from the 6th Congressional District, was a 3M vice president before retiring two years ago.
– Alfredo Oliveira, representing technical college students, attends St. Cloud State University and St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
– Maria Peluso, representing community students, attends Itasca Community College and is from Taconite.
The Senate must approve Dayton’s appointments, but they can serve unless senators reject them.